Bahá’í principles include:
- Humanity is one. People of all races, nations, economic groups and religious backgrounds are equal in the sight of God.
- The Bahá'í Faith does not have clergy or priests. They instead believe that the time for independent investigation of religious and spiritual truths has now arrived.
- Bahá'ís do not preach or try to convert others.
- All religions share a common foundation.
- Each individual is responsible for investigating truth independently.
- Universal education to ensure that every child is entitled to a sound, basic education is fundamental.
- Full equality between women and men in all departments of life and at every level of society.
- Harmony between science and religion as two complementary systems of knowledge that must work together to advance the well-being and progress of humanity. Science without religion is materialism - religion without science is superstition.
- The elimination of all forms of prejudice.
- Recognition of the common origin and fundamental unity of purpose of all religions.
- Spiritual solutions to economic problems and the removal of economic barriers and restrictions.
- The abolition of extremes of wealth and poverty.
- The adoption of a world auxiliary language, a world script, a uniform and universal system of currency and of weights and measures.
- To establish a universal peace protected by a world commonwealth of nations.
- All humanity was created by one God and is part of one human race.
- The purpose of life is to know and worship God, to acquire virtues, to promote the oneness of mankind, and to carry forward an ever-advancing civilization.
- Work performed in the spirit of service is a form of worship.
- The soul, created at the moment of conception, is destined by God to reach the afterlife where it will continue to progress until it attains the presence of God.
- Independent investigation of Truth.
- High moral principles, including trustworthiness and honesty.
- Daily prayer and communion with God.
- A life dedicated to the service of humanity.
- Fellowship with the followers of all religions.
Have a look at the page on the Principles Explained for a more in-depth explanation and understanding.